Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Obsessed with Artfully Sent

I am completely obsessed with making cards using the "Artfully Sent" Cricut Cartridge, only available through Close To My Heart. Maybe I could even say I am addicted to making cards with this cartridge.

I was a little daunted when I first purchased the cartridge and it's been sitting on my bookshelf for months. The whole issue of making a card using the Cricut, was just not something I've a lot of experience doing. I mean, I'm used to cutting things out to PUT on a card or cutting out letters or numbers to PUT on a card, but to use it to completely make a card seemed . . . well, hard to figure out.

So last week I sat down with my Cricut booklet and did a search on Pinterest (my other addiction) and I searched for cards made with Artfully Sent. Oh my goodness. So much talent! These first few cards are renditions of cards I found there and, unfortunately I did not write the names down of the original artist, but I did change some things around here and there and I did use different colors, except for the fox card. Stamp lifted that one, or should I say Cricut lifted that one?

I wasted a lot of white paper and figured out a lot of dimensional things and ways to fold the cards correctly and, in general, I was in experiment mode. Here are my first successful attempts: (I apologize for the strange shadowing on the cards, the upload squished them for me. So nice of you Yahoo!)








I plan on more experimenting (although I can really say now that it's more "playing" than experimenting) and I will post my endeavors here. I still have some things to learn, but basically that darn cartridge can make so many different cards I can't count them! And so easy too!

If you buy a cartridge from me, I'd be oh, so happy, to sit down with you and share my knowledge. Now I'm off, there's a cute princess card I want to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment