Friday, July 29, 2011

Zoo Inspiration

Yes, we can keep him if he follows us home!
Well known fact: Elaine adores animals and it isn't just animals, she would pet or save or bring home critters of all shapes and sizes, breeds and colors. So when I was trying to think of something to do with Chris that was fun and didn't cost a fortune and would be close, the zoo popped into my mind and I wondered if a teenager, about to turn 15, would think the zoo was cool or dumb. When I announced my desire to go to the zoo I was met with more enthusiasm than I ever though possible. Or maybe I thought it was enthusiasm, maybe he was thinking about his next meal and that was the expression, but needless to say, I started plotting, er I mean planning our visit to the zoo. I even downloaded the map of the zoo and checked out the collection of critters at the zoo.

No stress from this tall guy!
I picked the Oakland one, only because it's closer, and San Francisco traffic can make me crazy and stressed and I didn't want the animals to be stressed by me being stressed. You see I had a plan. And it wasn't just to have fun with the animals, I wanted to take a bunch of pictures . . .

Pictures that would inspire me to get scrapbooking again. I imagine if your photo collection is like my photo collection of unscrapped pictures, you are probably thinking why would she need to go and take MORE pictures when so many are in the boxes and on the hard drive of her computer? Simple: inspiration is sometimes the pictures that are the most recent or something that tickles your fancy and a day at the zoo with 2 teenage boys will do just that!

Look, the elephant is right by me!
And truthfully? I have zoo paper and stickers to use and just needed some zoo pictures. Yes, I have lots of zoo pictures from when the kids were little, this is true, but it seemed easier to go back to the zoo, than to try and find the old pictures. I know, I admit, I need professional organizing help . . . but one thing's for sure! I bet Chris and his friend, Cory, will remember this day and how I appeared to enjoy talking to the critters and snapping photos more than any other mom at the zoo that day in the summer of 2011!

1 comment:

  1. That is a great story. I probably have done the same thing. Plan an outing around the paper. We do need help but the kids probably had a great time. So everybody wins. Have fun creating... Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete