Monday, October 17, 2011

Cricut Creations You Can Make!

The Cricut machine sat for years  in my closet. In it's cute little leather bag I looked at it occasionally and thought about dragging it out, but really it seemed like a lot to do and I wasn't really sure what to do with it. And then Close To My Heart introduced the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge bonus bundle and I decided, "whoa there, this is the coolest thing since sliced bread!"

 I returned from the CTMH convention and proceeded to set up that green little Cricut critter on his own table and have been happily Cricut cutting ever since. Out of sight, out of mind I guess.
I thought I'd share a few things I've made in the last week or so. My favorite is the scrapbook page I made for my daughter's National Charity League album . . . it's SO beautiful!  
 
These pages were made with the Mayberry Level 2 paper and the Cricut cut the flower border and the fun 3D flowers.




Side view of the 3D flowers.



Then I made some cards which were amazingly fun!






This card was fun to make since it had the hand cut paper doily and the fun sunflower looking flowers.




This card not only includes the flowers cut with the Art Philosophy cricut, but I used one of the stamp set that came with it to stamp the "Thanks." It's just a beautiful card with the larger flowers bringing out the paper pattern (Mayberry again).


This card looks like a big postage stamp to me with it's fun, decorative edging, all cut on the Cricut. I also cut out the dragon flies, using the new Dreamin' Paper pack. I used the under layer with the decorative squares and the top part is the sold blue, Pacific cardstock. (Note: stamplifted from Jeanette's website.)

Have fun with your Cricut . . . but remember, don't tuck it away, bring it out, give him a home and USE him! :-)



1 comment:

  1. Those are all so cute. That little critter has been working up a storm. What a great job you have done.

    ReplyDelete