Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Stamp Lifting is Legal

I just spent the morning working on the cards for the Ivy Lane cardmaking kit. Boy, I love those kits. It's all right there . . . everything you need at your fingertips, directions on step by step how to create 3 different beautiful cards. And enough in the kit to create 5 of each card. Wow! I love that.


This is one of the cards I created and probably my favorite, although they are all stunning and oh, so easy to create. It was while I was finishing up one of each of the cards (I like to do it that way, get the first ones done and then copy the rest. I call it stamp lifting) when I remembered a birthday coming up. Whoa, Nellie. Now what?

I looked through my birthday stamp collection and found an oldie but goodie, with the saying "A little birdie told me . . . ." But then what. And I had an AH HA moment.

I'd just stamp lift my card I just finished and use the birdie set instead of the set that came with the kit. Voila! Presto . . . here's my card:
You can see, it's the same design, same colors, same everything except it's not a generic card, it's a birthday card for a dear friend. And it took seconds to make AND everything was already out. I love stamp lifting!

What have you stamp lifted today?


No comments:

Post a Comment