Thursday, May 29, 2014

Making a Manly Card, Well, Manly

Making a man's birthday card or any occasion, really, is difficult because I always want to bedazzle it or add glitter or add a bow, which most men are not so keen on.


The card here was made with Close To My Heart's new Timberline paper set. I used a retired birthday set for the birthday wishes and added the Lagoon paper as an accent color (not in the Timberline set). Does it count that I added some baker's twine with a knot?

Well it's a manly knot so I decided it would work. I didn't add too many other fancies like our Aqua Dots or Sparkles and though the hardware would have looked cool like our Triangle or Artisan studs, I really felt it took away from the cool tool back ground, created with the "You're the Best" stamp set.

One thing to really dress a man card up or I should say, make it look more manly, is to add some sponging or sanding to the edges of your paper.

And if all of that work on a perfect card and it still looks rather girly, take it out and run it over with the car. Seriously, there's only so much a Stamping Queen can do with the manly genre!

Happy Creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment