Friday, July 13, 2012

Stars Shine Bright at this Convention!

Our very cool new carrying bag! Full of scrapbook treasures!
Yesterday I had every intention of updating this blog, but alas, my brain was full to overflowing and my body was done. I was asleep well before 10:00 p.m. This makes it an early morning for me, so I came down to the lobby to give my room mates a little rest, from me. No one appreciated me singing the rise and shine monkey song so early in the morn. Go figure. LOL

In the opening session yesterday, Thursday, Jeanette announced that all the new product in this season's catalog would be as exciting as Christmas and boy, what an understatement. We are ALL so excited by everything that is in this amazing new issue of the Idea Book.

The Executive Corporate team put on a show, while they announced our new products and it was adorable . . . all the characters were dressed up like stars from Texas TV shows like Dallas, Beverly Hillbillies, Real Crafters of Dallas, Darlings of Hazard, and many more.

Among all the new products we now have; 53 new accessories, mostly Level 2 accessories coordinating with the Level 2 papers, 5 new house decorating products including a Bracket Frame you can hang on the wall, a large star, blocks to spell out words, and a display tray. I want to order them all and fill my house with my art.

My VERY favorite new product!? A new Cricut Cartridge exclusive to CTMH!!! It's called Artiste and includes 700 images, including projects, shapes, a font, and special card designs. But don't despair, the Art Philosophy cartridge is still available. Yeah! 

It was also announced that Workshops on the Go are no longer all about scrapbooks. Two of the kits are cardmaking based, 5 are home decor based . . . etc. I can't wait to order all those puppies. I love kits . . . all the thinking is done for you and if you can follow directions, presto wow, you have a beautiful finished product.

One thing that is a HUGE shift is our color palette. We now have 40 colors to choose from, not 60. At first I was horrified, until I looked at the list of colors and realized it really is a shift in dynamics from some colors that were not being utilized to colors that will be more in tune with the kits and projects and papers that we have available. Not only that, we have 6 NEW colors; Champagne, Cashmere, Saddle, Whisper, Slate, and my favorite -- Ruby! AND, you can now order the cardstock in packs of 24 again. YEAH!

And that's not all on the color front. We now have alcohol based pens. They are very similar to the copic markers. Our pens come in sets of two, one lighter or darker version of the pen name. I played with the pink ones yesterday and I have to say, I'm hooked. Coloring will be even MORE fun than ever!

There were Studio J changes also planned and I think you will be pleased. First of all, no more memberships . . . all the patterns will be available to everyone at one low price of $6.95. If you have a membership there are bonus things planned for us as our memberships phase out, so don't worry, Corporate will still take care of us!

15 Year Pin
Joyce and I . . . 15 years we've been friends! Congrats to us!
One important thing happened yesterday, Joyce and I received our 15th anniversary pin. Joyce was my very first downline all those years ago and I'm so pleased she's still part of this amazing team we have. Go California Dreamin' Team!!!

Other exciting news? Oh yeah baby, are you tired of reading yet? We're actually expanding our territory. Currently we sell in the U.S. and Canada. Well, that's not all, soon we will be expanding our to Australia. Oh baby, we're growing in leaps and bounds.

Okay, that's all for now. I'm going to grab some breakfast and get ready for some more fun. Be sure to comment on my blog if you have any questions or want more details. I'll be checking it regularly and getting ready for another post later in the morning. One thing to look forward to? Pictures from the Art Gallery. My new camera is getting a workout, that's for sure.

I hope you are enjoying your updates. :-)
More later!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to you and Joyce!
    Keep those update coming. I just love the bag, I am so jealous. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete