Tuesday, July 10, 2012

What a day!! But I'm in DALLAS!! Yeehaw!


Traveling, the hurry up and wait game frustrates me, to say the least. The long lines and grumpy people at 5:30 in the morning make me want to not make eye contact. I was one of them . . . no time for coffee yet as I waited, first to check my bag and then the TSA Security line. Yes, I did in fact have a naked scan, perhaps they can forward it to my doctor for my next xray. ha ha

One trick I have when that stressed out, annoying line gets to me is to smile at those standing near me and make nice comments. Not, “these lines are awful!” or “why aren’t there more employees checking us in?” No, instead I find it helpful to ask where others are flying or just simply, what about those Giants? I met several nice people that way this morning. I love to hear about where others are going and their adventures they are embarking upon.

Necessary! 
My adventure, in case you didn’t know . . . awaits me in Dallas, Texas. What am I doing there? Oh yeah, baby! Stamping and scrapbooking and perusing that brand new catalog await my arrival. Oh my! Thursday cannot come fast enough. What new things will there be? New albums for my finished scrapbook pages? New colors to expand my color palette? Or maybe, and this is my favorite, more doo dads. I wouldn’t even mind a new Cricut cartridge. It’s a BIG surprise similar to waiting for Santa Claus. Maybe I’ll find Jeanette, the owner of the company, and she’ll share a catalog before anyone else.
Okay, I can dream, right?

My flight was uneventful, the most exciting thing that happened? I was horrified when the woman in front of me told her two toddler aged children that the mean flight attendants were making them throw out their juice. Oh, and the two people who attempted to fly on to Dallas so the count was off and the flight attendants had to check everyone's address and be sure we were on the manifest. I bet those 2 people were embarrassed to have been singled out like that. Seriously though, this plan is destined for Dallas! If you aren't going to Dallas, get off the plane. LOL

I'm now at the hotel Hilton Anatole which is a 4 or 5 star, truly beautiful. My next blog will be pictures of the hotel. You want to know, right? LOL

Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Yes I want to know. I want to know all about it since I can't go! I will be waiting to see fantastic pictures and hear all about everything that is new, great, well just everything.
    What classes are you takeing and who is teaching them too?

    ReplyDelete