Saturday, August 27, 2011

Creative Convention Extravaganza

Oh yeah, baby! Close To My Heart Convention is ALL about the artwork . . . not only do the Consultants get to see some of the best artists at work at Extravaganza, but the attendees also receive all the products they need to create their own fun artwork with the new tools, papers, stamps, and doo dads (oh, how I love the doo dads!)

 These two pages (which I wish I could figure out how to display side by side) was the project layout idea we were given at Convention.(And yes, we received EVERYTHING we needed to make it including the awesome bling, found on page 127 & 128) I used photos highlighting a recent stamp session with my very good friend, Michele, who is SO creative. You should definitely check out her blog for ideas too: http://michelesinkitstampit.blogspot.com/.

I created the pages in her Studio and then went around her beautiful rural property and took some pictures. Michele also took me to a fun lunch place and  . . . yes, there was a chicken store next door. Alas, no big chicken artwork, but I have not lost hope.

These pages were created with the new Roxie paper pack and the stamp set, 10 Things C1474 (remember new stamp prices so it's only $13.95!!!) and the ribbon (which I just noticed is majorly crooked . . . ah well, I'm not perfect either) is from the Designer Ribbon Red Collection Z1615 (only $5.95). I wrote something I love about stamping with Michele on each of the little tags in the pocket (on page 123 of the catalog . . . only $3.95). Michele has a rockin stamp room, you can see from the picture of us . . . don't even worry, I'm heading back that way SOON!

Convention attendees also received everything to create a darling mini album using 6x6 Kraft Cards (p. 123 and only $6.95 for 10 cards & envelopes). The stamp set was an exclusive Convention attendee only stamp set, featuring that adorable castle which Megan, my oldest daughter, says is a rendition of Hogwarts! LOL
The book is created using 3 of the Kraft cards, folded accordion style and attached with strong adhesive. Pictures of my friends from high school playing in Mickey land look GREAT in this book! I love it!

Stay tuned . . . I'm stamping again today! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for coming and spending the day at my place. I loved having you and Thanks for the great lunch at Canessa's in Clayton. Clayton is one of my favorite little towns. The Royal Rooster is one of the cuttest gift shops around. Can't wait for you to come back and do it again. This time lunch is on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous of your creative time!

    ReplyDelete