Saturday, August 6, 2011

Cricut Chirp, Chirp!

What a FUN afternoon! My good friend, Katie and I sipped iced tea, and I showed her all I know about the Cricut, which isn't much, but we experimented and used up some old cardstock and managed to make some cute cards and tags, if we don't say so ourselves.

The card shape for this fun Happiness card is found on the Art Philosphy Cricut cartridge and the gnome is from the new stamp set called Gnome Garden C1470. Katie made one just like it, in blue, because we needed a man card. Yes, we know . . . the bow might not make this manly, but we added some of those opaque circle things . . . plus, you know, her brother will just be amazed at the gnome and won't notice the flower and stuff, right? ;-)

We also made this tag to hang in Katie's car . . . to remind her of how cool gnomes can be. I could tell Katie's husband was really excited about the gnome picture. The squirrel is totally making the card, everyone knows that squirrels and gnomes are the real bosses of the forest and definitely good luck!

We also experimented with the rosette flowers that come on the Cricut cartridge. This tag was made using two of the different style flowers. Super easy to make too! You just choose your flower and the size (I did 4" ones) and after it cuts the flower (a spiral shaped circle), you start on the outside of the spiral and roll it up toward the center of the circle (I used a skinny sanding tool but a pencil works too). Once you have it rolled, just glue it down to the center circle. I used a glue dot and then added some Liquid Glass here and there to keep it in place. then I stuck a decorative brad in the middle for the center of the flower. The tag is from the Cricut cartridge. So much FUN! I love the little Cricut bug! :-)

 What have you been making with yours? Let me know! Chirp, chirp!

No comments:

Post a Comment