Thursday, August 25, 2011

Playing with new papers!!!

Today I decided to play with some new products from the brand new catalog. These are the rub ons that coordinate with the Wicked set, found on page 46 of the new catalog. They were super easy to apply and not only does it include Halloween themed rub ons, but also Thanksgiving and the borders could easily be used for just about any theme. I love multi use items!
So I made this card, using only the rub-ons, no stamping . . . and the papers from the Wicked set (don't you just love saying you used "Wicked" paper?) I also sanded the background paper and sponge a tad bit of Cocoa ink around the edges to make it look rather Fall like. I love how easy the card was to make and how fun the images came off the paper . . .

The Zip Strip from Dreamin'
Then I decided to make a daisy card, using the stamps from Thanksgiving stamp set C1426 on page 65 of the new catalog. The little sayings came from the "zip strip" from the top of the new background and texture paper. You will notice that our new paper not only is a heavier weight, but it also does not have the logo stamped on the useable piece of paper, it is on one side of a 1/4" strip at the top of the paper and the back side of this piece? Totally different little strip to be used for decorating whatever your heart desires.

I also decided to use some scraps I had left over from Convention make and takes to create these 3 little notecards. I love 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" little cards. Perfect for including with a gift or just writing a little something to a friend or favorite neighbor with those batch of cookies (hint, I love chocolate chip . . . )

Have a fun stamping day! And remember, if your fingers aren't inky when you're done, you didn't do it right!

1 comment:

  1. Those are very nice cards. I just love all the new products in this catalog.

    ReplyDelete